- Evan was a university scholarship recipient who trained in solo performance and orchestral leading at both the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and at the Sydney University's Music Department. He was leader of the Sydney University String Quartet and concert master of the university's Pro Musica Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra. Evan often performed as a soloist with these orchestras. He followed this with postgraduate solo performance study at the PWSM (Panstwowej Wyzszej Szkoly Muzycznej) in Warsaw, Poland. He has attended numerous master classes.
- He is committed to ongoing professional Violin training by regularly traveling around the world studying the latest teaching methods, performance levels/standards and Violin making schools.
- His tertiary examining and professional appointments require his regular attendance at Conservatorium and University Violin teaching seminars. Evan also attends the NSW Board of Studies teacher and examiner accreditation courses for the latest educational methods and guidelines.
- He regularly works with University Professorial music staff at a collegiate level and has many professional music industry contacts in both performing and teaching fields.
- Evan has adjudicated 1,000's of Violin candidates for their exams, eisteddfods and diplomas. This gives him a unique insight into an understanding of talent and how to develop it.
- Decades of full time performing experience as a soloist and leader allows Evan to bring a performer's approach to his Violin teaching at the Ramsgate, Earlwood and Prestons studios.